Do you ladies who are married with children think I'm weird?

I'm 31 years old, my husband and I are separated and our divorce will be final next month. I wanted to have children with him so badly for a few years, he has a daughter that lived with us, she is 14 and I love her like she's my own. She still comes and sees me too, stays with me and stuff. Anyway, I've always wanted to be a wife and mommy but things just didn't work out with my husband, so now I'm thankful we didnt' have children together (I have pcos, made it hard to concieve). Anyway, I still want children someday, but I'm just not sure I ever want to get married again! I like living by myself right now, and I know I'm not getting any younger, but I just don't want the married/mommy life like I used too. I still want it, just not right now. Have I lost it? Am I losing my "domestic" side? I don't want to lose it completley but I'm just not in any rush now. Do you think this is normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I think its totally normal, give yourself some good 'me' time and you'll know what you want. 31 is still very young! Plenty of time.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Don't worry. Divorce bitters a lot of people on marriage. You may feel that way for the rest of your life OR you may meet the man that you were truly destined to marry and have kids with. No you are not weird.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You have plenty of time to have a child. Take some "me" time and get yourself taken care of you are going thur a big change in your life and this is your time to take care of you. GL and keep yourself FIRST.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• well personally, I'm a little old fashioned that way BUT for other people I dont' see anything wrong with it. As long as you are able to fully support the child.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Don't worry, you're OK!  And I applaud you for having the insight to recognise this about yourself.  Everybody's definition of happiness is different.  It doesn't matter what it is as long as you are happy.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I THINK YOU ARE THINKING NORMALLY, I THINK YOU ARE THINKING FOR YOURSELF AND THAT IS A GOOD THING. IF YOU DON'T WANT A HUSBAND THAN DON'T FEEL PRESSURE TO DO SO. THERE ARE MANY WAYS YOU CAN HAVE CHILDREN WITHOUT A HUSBAND. YOU CAN RAISE A CHILD JUST FINE WITHOUT ONE AND USE OTHER MEN IN YOUR LIFE TO BE A FATHER LIKE FIGURE IN THE CHILDS LIFE. MY BROTHER IS STRAIGHT AS A ARROW AND HAS THREE CHILDREN THUR SURRGACY AND HE IS A WONDERFUL FATHER. HE JUST FELT THAT A WIFE WOULD BE TOO MUCH , HE WORKS FULL TIME AND RAISES MY NICES AND NEFEW WONDERFULLY ON HIS OWN. I RESPECT HIM FOR ALL HE DOES AND THAT WAS HIS LIFE CHOICE. I AM MARRIED WITH FOUR KIDS AND TWO GROWN AND TWO STILL AT HOME AND I LOVE MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE IT BUT I WOULD NOT PUSH MY LIFE ON ANYONE ELES.
    bamamom2212

Answer by bamamom2212 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• There is a website with information that might interest you:

http://www.singlemothersbychoice.com/

kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Um....This is called CAFEMOM for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not CAFESINGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well, I AM a mom to my stepdaughter you haughty bitch, if you didn't like the question don't answer it. Stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009