How late into your pregnancy can you get 4D ultrasound pictures done?

I'm 38 weeks and my husband is bugging me to go get a 4D ultrasound done. I think it is stupid since she will be here in a few weeks anyways, but all his friends who got it done told him it is amazing and they are so glad they have the pictures. He thinks it would be cool to be able to show her later in life. I'm just wondering if we have waited too long to get it done now. What do you think?

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think your a little late in your pregnancy you will see you baby in a few weeks. But every doctor is different so I would ask your doctor right away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You can get one, but you will only see small portions of your baby. They usually like to do them by the 28th week I believe. At 38 weeks, your baby is too big to get a good full picture. That is what I was told at 35 weeks. But ask your OB and make sure, just in case...
    JustPlainOlMOM

Answer by JustPlainOlMOM at 11:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2009