WHat should I do for Halloween Party?

I am going to have a party at my home for Halloween. Just so the kids can run and do all sorts of things they can't do in the street and going door to door......What are some good Ideas for a party... Like games and food ideas! Any ideas will be helpful!

Beccah2

Asked by Beccah2 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Holidays

• You can purchase pumkins and cut out pattern and glue them on or buy a carving kit and carve out the pumpkins.For food you can make Boogers on a stick,strained eyeballs and halloween punch.Go to this website www.family corner.com that is the best website I found.It has all the directions to every recipe I mentioned.Try it out!
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 10:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You can do Mummy wraps...where you wrap the best mummy in toilet paper! Or bobbing for poison apples. Have a caramel apple station where they can dip their own apples and roll them in their own toppings like nuts, chocolate chips, mini candies and such.

For food you can take a cauldron and fill it with punch and take some green punch and put it in a plastic glove and seal and freeze and let the ice hand float in the punch!

Graveyard cake....like dirt cake where you use chocolate pudding as the bottom layer crumbled oreos as the dirt and you can use gummy worms and then using those gel icings put R.I.P. On nutter butter cookies and they look like tombstones. There is also a recipe for kitty litter cake...looks just like it, but totally eatable...just search the recipe!

We used chicken fingers and BBQ sauce and called it Witches fingers and blood.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• We went to a party before and they did pass the pumpkin (the tiny kind) to music..the one who is holding it when the music stops is out. It was fun and the kids enjoyed it.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 1:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I like it when you set up boxes and stick your hand in and feel brains (cold cooked spagetti noodles), eyeballs (peeled grapes), hand (doctors glove with water frozen in it) cnat think of what else they use, but it is always fun for kids to stick you hand in and not know what you are feeling.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• www.orientaltradingcompany.com . They have LOADS of inexpensive crafts, games, and prizes in a halloween theme. I will probably be ordering some for my kids halloween party. And for food, i jsut bought a bunch of Halloween theme cooking magazines, and here's the ones I liked the best:

http://www.womansday.com/Recipes/Witch-s-Finger-Cookies-Recipe

http://www.womansday.com/Recipes/Bag-of-Bones-Recipe

http://www.womansday.com/Recipes/Spiderweb-Nacho-Spread-Recipe

You can also just do pb&j sandwiches and cut them out with cookie cutters, then use chocolate chips to make like ghost eyes or jackolantern faces on the sandwiches.

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2009