circumcision

My son's circumcision is healed now, he is 3 weeks old. Now that it is healed up I am thinking they did it wrong, it doens't look like my older son's did. Basically, there is NO foreskin. On my older son's, I pull it back every time I change him, and with the little one, there is nothing there to pull back. Also, what is left, there is more on one side than the other so it looks crooked! I have an appt. to talk to the pedi today about other things and I am going to bring it up, but I was wondering if anyone else had this happen. I am not sure if its normal or not, or if theres anything they can do about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son barely has any foreskin but you can see it was done. I would imagine that it be be considered cosmetic surgery to get it perfect. But I don't think that everyone is "perfect." Just be sure to mention it with the ped and see what he says.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my ds has NO foreskin at all, i thought that was the whole point in getting them circumsized, to be honest if he did have some left i'd be a little upset
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My son had a wonky circumcision -- it looked as if nothing has been trimmed off. We had lots of problems with adhesions and ultimately had to go see a pediatric urologist because the adhesions were pulling on the ureter. It turns out that the wonky circumcision happened because my son had a bend in his penis and the doctor wasn't able to do the procedure properly. The urologist surgically released the adhesions, corrected the bend, and did a re-circumcision.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my baby dosen't have any foreskin at all, he's 5 weeks old
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You choose a procedure to remove your child's foreskin, and now are upset because he has no foreskin? I don't understand.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Isn't the point of circumcision to remove the foreskin? In my opinion its asking for problems to remove the whole foreskin but having even more removed is a bad bad idea. It can cause serious problems when they are older since there is no skin to sort of grow into. What little skin there is has to stretch out and can become painful.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2009