Would you go into a business partnership with a friend?

We are entertaining the idea, however we are not sure that it is a good idea. They have no business sense. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• Depends on the business. I wanted (still do) to open my own used bookstore with a roommate I had. I think we could've done it. But no business sense? Thats a bit risky.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I partnered with a complete stranger, she was kind enough to pay my portion and very grateful.

Success depends on each other.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It's a 50 50 If you do get unto the business You both be make money for you and them But if they say will i got them unto this Business and they say to themself I am going to take them for wat they are Worth then you really do have Troubles there ... But you got look at this way It like this it's like being Commented& Partnership Not Everything will always good Cherrys You will have ups and downs Like anythings else.. So really stop and think about it Hard Before makeing a move..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Use a good lawyer

Answer by rkoloms at 12:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Get everything in writing, whatever you two are agreeing on, whatever money that you have each put into it, all of it, get put in writing. Don't assume that just because you are good friends that you will always maintain a good relationship. Hopefully you do, but stuff happens. If you had said you wanted to go into business with a family member I would have said no way, but friends can go better if you put it all in writing.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• probably not.. I think friendship and work should be help seperate.. stress occurs from work often, and if your friend is involved, that maynot end well..

good luck
    MeganHoehn

Answer by MeganHoehn at 7:54 AM on Sep. 18, 2009