baby is 9 months old now. I BF full-time but want to do pt.

he's allergic to milk. Should I give him soy milk or formula based on soy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he's actually allergic to milk, then he's allergic to soy. If it is just an intolerance to lactose then you can do a lactose free formula, taste and smell better
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Is there a reason you can't suppliment with complimentary foods instead of formula? Most babies with milk sensitivities also have soy sensitivities (because the proteins are very similar). So it's best to avoid it alltogether. Are you going back to work? If so, are you going back full time? I went back to work when my daughter was 10 months and she did fine with solid food while I was away. I was only working 4 hours, though.

I'd avoid formula if you know he has problems with milk.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It's based on what the baby Tummy can take There some Babys that Can't take that kind of Milk some can just Try him of things and see how they take it.........
    Dreamerstar

Answer by Dreamerstar at 11:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• There is formula made for babies who are lactose intolerant.
    irishangel710

Answer by irishangel710 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I'd do solids rather than formula. You run less risk of a bad reaction and of rejection.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2009