At what age did you let your daughter wear a necklace and bracelet?

I have a wedding to attend and wanted to let her wear a small matching set. She's 2 and has never been allowed to wear anything other than earrings. Is she too young?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• My daughter is 19 months and she wears bracelets now. I don't let her wear necklaces, because I am scared she will strangle herself by getting it caught underneath her, but I am paranoid. If you just watch her and explain to her she can't pull on the necklace, or get her one that doesn't have much give so it can't get caught on things, you should be fine
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i put them on my dd when she was 2, as long as she dosen't pull on the necklace i guess it would be okay
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• No. Earring are the most dangerous b/c they can swallow them. I think she will be fine. Just take them off afterwards. My DD is almost 2 and i want to get her a bangle for her 2nd bday coming up that she can wear when we go out. She's got earrings too and has done well with those.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have the eternal hoops on her. There just big enough to fit and doesn't allow her to put her fingers in them. I switch them out with posts once in a while. She's been in earring forever and has never bothered them. I guess she's just used to having them in.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2009