Probly stupid, but just really curious about Testing Thank you for you reading/responding

I was wondering if the "evaporation" line that can come after a test has set for longer than the recommended time to read it in can be light but the same color it would be if it were to be positive? Like if the test has a pink color, would it possibly be a positive after the time if it showed up pink instead of say gray or looking shadowy? My friend took one yesterday and it showed negative durring the three minutes she was supposed to read it in. She was curious and looked at it later, the control line turned purple and there is a faint (but clear to see) purple line where it should have showed up as +.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If a test shows up positive in the time frame it stays that way. Like the lady above said, it doesnt disappear. It still have the tests I took almost 5 yrs ago & they still have those two lines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• they are not valid after ten minutes my definitely posititve tests showed negative later after i looked at them.....
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I didn't know that could happen. I saved all from all my kids, and all of them still show pos. to this day and the oldest test is almost 8 years old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• The max time limit to "read" it is 10 minutes. If it shows up in those 10 min. you can assume its positive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2009