how far?

would you drive 44 miles on way to get about 90lbs of free canned goods, once a month? and also go to two thrift shops to look for good stuff or am i wasting gas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• try to calculate how much those supplies would cost if you got them yourself some place closer. And calculate how much gas you use on that 44 mile trip. The difference should tell you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• How much are you spending in gas? Obviously, you are getting $90 in food, but if you are wasting more than that on gas, then perhaps you should just bite the bullet and save the gas money, but buy the food.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• op here---i spend about $8 dollars for the gas-- for 90 pounds of canned and dried goods?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Are the canned and dried foods stuff you use? I use very little canned food so for me it really wouldn't be worth it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My bad, 90lbs, I read $90. If you are only spending that much on gas, and you are using the food you are getting, then I would think it would be worth it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Sounds worth it to me.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009