Does anyone else have a fear of home invasion?

Like someone coming with ill intent more than a robbery. Like in moves? I have a serious and real fear like it will happen one day in my head. I hate walking threw a dark house.

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 11:46 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Yes. My husband does property preservation so I've learned how quick and easy it is to break into houses. He can pick a lock in only a couple of seconds. Just seeing that scared the hell out of me, so I've had him add some extra security like thumb screw locks on the sliding windows, double barrel deadbolts, hotel-style security latches on the doors, and touch alarms. All of these things are very effective, affordable, and easy to install. They give me peace of mind.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• No.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 11:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• To an extent. I know people who come from very small towns and think nothing bad will ever happen, even though some really horrible things have happened there, so they keep all their doors unlocked and windows open, even at night. They answer the door to strangers and invite them in, which is just plain stupid these days. You're not alone on not liking to walk through a dark house either. If I have to walk into our house after dark alone, I'll call someone and talk to them when I go in just to make sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes, sometimes. I live near a big city so it's possible it could happen. I've had to stop watching forensucs shows because it doesn't help me at all.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 8:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I worry a little somtimes because I know that while the changes are not high. It can happen. But I have done things that would help me be able to defend myself if something like this happens.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• YES! Thats why I set the alarm ALL the time! My husband makes fun of my for having the alarm on all the time, but I would rather be safe then sorry. I even have a plan if someone would break in what I would do with my kids and I so they couldnt get to us!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2009