overfilled with love moments?

You know the moments I mean. When you child does or says something that just fills you with joy and love. Your stomach does a little flip and your heart starts to flutter and it seems like it may burst because you are so full of happiness and love for your child! With my children it happens when my 6 month old smiles so big at me she seems to do it with her whole body and when my 3 year old twins are sitting next to each other talking about a book they are looking at or when they say, I love you Mommy! out of blue without me saying first! What are your moments!

frat_twin_mama

Asked by frat_twin_mama at 11:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• OP- what a cool post. I'm a mommy of twins, identical twin girls age 11. My kids are older so our moments are different. My 14 year old dd, melts my heart when she comes to me for advice or just shares her world. The other night she was sitting on the couch, not doing anything just watching t.v. I sat down in my chair and she motioned for me to come over. So I went and sat next to her. Pretty soon she snuggled up to me and we just sat like that. My twins still come running to me when they get off the bus.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Mine little one is 15 months old and she has an ok vocabulary and she LOVES books so last night she was "reading" and it was a book, something about goodnight mommy, I'm not sure, and she loves the book and we read it all the time and the last page of the book has a mommy and a baby and it says, "Good night mommy, I love you." and she said (for the first time) "I yove you" (she can't say love..LOL) That was a pretty awesome thing. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my newborn was really fussy the other day and i couldn't get him to stop crying and my 3 y/o daughter lay down beside him on my bed and rubbed his head (she calls it petting his hair) and was talking to him softly & he fell right to sleep
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2009