How do you take alittle time to yourself with out Going Crazy And Blowing up

Hi I never really much time to myself because am always takecare of my little boy Christain and then when i do get time to go have time for myself i don't want to because i want spend that time with my husban i mean.. Just like lastnight i though about going to town with my son and husban just have family time when i did want to go he didn't really feel like it... And Seems like there no really Time to spend for yourself.. What do i do?????????? I mean i have my Sister-Law comeing in and her Girls and all.. where is the time to do that.........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I milk my alone time which is usually after 8pm (baby's bedtime) and naps. My MIL usually comes over Friday afternoons and when she does I will step out for a couple of hours and go window shopping or something. If I'm having a bad moment during the day I will just put the baby in the car and go for a drive. He usually just plays quietly or naps. If I have a moment and my boyfriend is home or it is the weekend I will give myself a timeout and just go lay in the bed until I feel better while he watches DS. Playing on Cafemom helps to. Makes me feel social even though I mostly stay at home, know what I mean?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• When you son is napping, sit down with a cup of tea and put your feet up- read a magazine or book, put the radio on or a CD, or watch TV.

When your guests come, you will need to leave them on their own sometimes so you can regroup your own energy. Ask your sister-in-law to watch the children for a few minutes and come spend some time on the computer. You'll need to relax on your own, at least I know I do.

Answer by Bmat at 12:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I do my favorite things when it's nap time. Watch a movie, whatever. And i read my book when they are in bed. I dont get to leave the house very often, so i have a list of things to do when i can get out.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Sometimes at the end of the day I am exhausted and I take the baby into the bed room and hiding while hubby gets the toddlers ready for bed! The baby is very mellow and happy, so its relaxing for me to just hang with her and watch some TV while he gets to deal with the 3 year old twins!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 1:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009