stupid question but fill me in here ( flu shot)

im thinking of getting my kids the flu shot my question is..is it a reg flu shot or is it the flu shot for h1n1 do i have to ask for the h1n1 shot? is it a combo of both reg flu & h1n1?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

• from what my dr said, there are two different ones....ask their pedi about it.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Completely different vaccinations.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• They're separate. You have to ask for the h1n1 shot....
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 12:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Hi i actually work for a pediatrician. The h1n1 vaccine and flu shot vaccine are 2 totally different vaccines they are formulated to protect differently. The h1n1 vaccine is proven (so the government says effective) against the swine flu which is the tripod flu and the flu shot is a great vaccine it protects strictly against the flu. Now the h1n1 vacine is not going to even be available unitl mid oct. but my kiddos are getting it plus the reg. flu shot. the h1n1 is 2 doses 1 shot and then 14 days later the 2nd shot. if u have any other ?'s just let me know.
    Lovebugto2

Answer by Lovebugto2 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• They are 2 totally different shots, you have to ask for the h1n1 whereas the regular flu shot is the one given at flu shot appointments or 'flu shot clinics' (my dr. office has walk-in flu shot clinic on certain days).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:45 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• They are 2 different shots and you cannot get them together. My son and I are getting both shots. It has now been said that the H1N1 is working with only 1 dose instead of the prevously thought 2 doses.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009