12 wks pregnant and job hunting... yes or no?

I'm a stay-at-home mom and just found out I'm 12 wks preggo. My husband and I want to relocate to a new area, but it would probably require that we both be employed. I am highly apprehensive about applying to jobs since I would hate to leave on maternity after working only a few months. I just feel it would be disrespectful to a new employer. Some of my friends tell me don't worry about it... but I'd just like more opinions. Thanks~

D.Rose

Asked by D.Rose at 12:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

Maybe try work from home at least until after you have the baby, or keep your work at home job along with work away from home especially for extra money. But, if you're wanting to just focus on a job out from home, I wouldn't let prenancy stop you from reaching for your goals...it should be all the more reason. Go for it, and just apply anyway, who knows, you may make such a good impression before maternity leave that they can't wait for you to come back!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 1:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• First of all....Congrats on your pregnancy!!!
    It's completely up to you. You just need to let your potential employer know your situation. They will understand if they really want to hire you. Only you know what is best for you and your family. Have you ever thought about working from home? I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 6 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

Best Wishes!

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 12:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Work as a TEMP.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Hey! Congrats on the baby! Most of the women working with this company are mommy's! Its perfect and works around YOU!

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If you want to work at home I reccommend Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc.

You can get a company Overview by clicking here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• try working from home for awhile, www.workathomeunited.com/meganhoehn
    MeganHoehn

Answer by MeganHoehn at 7:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• YES! If you are really looking for a job, look now before your too far a long. You will have time enough to work there and show them you can do the job before anyone will know. If you look once your showing you will most likely not get a job anywhere, even tho its illegal. Make sure the job is safe of course.
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2009