avon questions

When you pay for startup does that price include your first few brochures? How much do the brochures cost exactly? How much are the bags for the orders? How much do the samples cost and if they vary what do they vary between usually? Do they issue you business cards or do you have to pay for them? If you have to pay how much are they?How do e parties work? Do they issue you a redp website or do you have to pay for one? If so how much? Also about approximately how much would i spend my first month as a consultant? If my family in nyc and nj want to order from me can they order through my rep page Im in virginia beach? If so how would it works would i get their orders and have to ship it to them? or can they order it and have it shipped directly to them? if they do will i still get credit for their orders?

NuyoricanMILF

Asked by NuyoricanMILF at 12:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• WOW thats a lot of Avon questions! It is $10 dollars to start, and that includes ten brochures. After that, you order brochures by packs of ten and they are relatively cheap, the more you order, teh less you pay per pack. So I think they are like 30 cents a piece if you get ten, but only 19 cents a piece if you 100 or something like that. Then all of the specialty brochures run like $1 for 5 or something similar depending on the brochure. The bags to distribute orders are also very cheap. Like $2 for a pack of 150 or something like that. The samples generally run from $1-$3 per pack, which may come with ten, five, or even 15 samples. You do have to pay for your business cards, but those are cheap too, and you won't need them right away. The cost for your website is $7.50 a month, but if you get an order during that month, then that fee is waived. If someone orders through your site,
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• they have the option of having it mailed to you, or mailed to them directly. Provided they order through your personal website, and not an Avon homepage or someone else, you get credit for their purchases. The first 4 campaigns, you get $50% commission on most items, unless specified. After that, it is tiered. So if you sell between $X and $Y you get Z%. Make sense? As far as parties go, I never offered them. But you have a customer that wants to host a party, so you get bunch of sample kits and some trial sizes. They sell actual party kits as well. Take a bunch of brochures, and set up a table pretty much. You are there to answer questions and promote your product. You do a simple spiel about how the delivery process works, and all of that, then you sell. I didn't feel I was making enough at it to continue doing it, but I also didn't put much effort into advertising or hosting.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Been there tried that, don't sell Avon it's a waste of your time, sell PartyLite instead. :)
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009