Is there a group on cafemom where you can talk about race and culture issues with the intent on seeking solutions ?

It seems like there is the group that is fro the pissed off AA's to vent and feel power ( not a judgment just my opinion ).
Then you have the White racists who want to piss and moan about the uppity AA's

Arent there any groups that are solution oreinted ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont really know. i have looked in to a couple groups, even one that was supposed to be christian women, but it was more of some of the black members blaming everything on white people. There seems to be more people intent on placing blame, than taking responsibility for their own actions and thoughts, and making a difference.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes there is:

Discuss Racial Issues Here

Good group
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Sorry I was a member of that group I don't think it is solution oriented. I think the  members in there aren't really looking to solve anything , The white women get jumped on for asking a question and the The AA;s are bitter.  And the white women are mostly racists trying to put the  blacks in check.   Well That is what I came away with . No I am looking for a group to really face each other and Talk and work on the problem Without bulling ,name calling ,and feeding the hate.

I am op btw

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have huge respect for the owner of the group posted above, but as a place for solutions I don't believe it is that. Discussion is fine to a point, but IMO solutions start at home with individuals and are then spread out beyond. From us to our children, and beyond.
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 1:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I too respect the owner of the group and a few members , I do feel like discussing the issue is part of the solution WW try to pretend it is not an issue and AA's want to complain
    We need to talk openly and respectfuly with each other for as well as start at home IMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I think that saying that ww pretend it not to be an issue and aa women complain is simplifying and generalizing a very complex issue in our society. Most ww don't have to acknowledge racism because for the majority of them it doesn't affect them, whereas many aa woman are quick to respond to a perceived racist act because they have been exposed to it. What we need is an understanding that honest respectful dialogue needs to occur and that no one opinion is gospel. My opinion is mine, not right nor wrong, just mine and I extend that respect to others as I attempt to dialogue with them. Where we lose people to either frustration, rage and indifference is when we attempt to shut them down because we don't respect their opinion, or shout over them because we don't respect their opinion. Life is lived in the skin we are given and that colors our experiences and how we perceive things. That is neither right or wrong-just life.
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 2:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Karma I agree 100 percent i am only simplifying for the purpose of this question . I truly seek a place were dialog as you suggest can happen. For our children's future I think to seek solutions is imperative ,

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• DRIH is absolutely not a solution oriented group. The AA women say that they are not racist, but everything they say is racist. They like to turn the topics around on the WW and make them seem like the racists. They try to wrap it up in a pretty package and say they want to resolve issues, but that is BS. I belonged to that group for about 6 months and everyday was the same. The owners always had something negative to say about WW. Always. They were always right and everyone else was always wrong. They attempted to, as AA women do, use reverse psychology to make it seem as tho they were right and the WW were merely attacking them. Well, as a Psychologist myself, it was not very effective. They managed to hurt feelings (not mine, but others), attack ppl based on their opinions, and they were not really that geared toward actually solving issues, but finding ways to fuel the fire. DRIH is not a healthy environment at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2009