How many of you would consider Cafemom to be your main source of social interaction with other women?

Answering another question just made me curious. I mostly stay at home with my outings being limited to errands, grocery shopping or the like. It is hard for me to do playdates because of conflicted schedules, etc. During the week, cruising around CM is my main source of socialization. What about you?

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 12:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, it's sad but true... I used to work part time and that was my socialization, but now everyone I know works and I'm here at home with the kids in school. I'm starting my own business so I work at home and sometimes I jump on CM just to feel like I'm part of something. And grocery shopping is my big outing too. I find myself "forgetting" things at the store just as an excuse to get out and to back... now that's pathetic!

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well, I work P/T and I'm really involved in my place of worship so I interact with other women all the time. However, I do enjoy coming to this section of this site and another site I belong to to connect with other moms/parents and gleen ideas on various topics and not to mention I often learn a thing or two here. It can get a bit high schoolish but most times it's better than blindly surfing the internet.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• its all i have..my dh works late everyday and when he gets home he eats and falls asleep and even if i talk to him i swear he ignores me or tunes me out. so i come on cafemom a few times threw out the day and do what ever i can...ps your days sound just like mine..also grocery shoping is my "big" day out...god thats so sad lol..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well, I say yes, this is. I nowadays only see moms after school while we pick up kids and walk home with few moms. Other than that, talk to some gril friends over the phone or chat on FB. I thought I was the only one feeling this way but I am glad that I am not alone.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 12:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I'm a stay at home mom and don't drive yet. We just moved here to Beaumont, Tx a few months ago and don't have any friends besides family. So I don't have a social life so all my interactions with others are carried out online. I have myspace and facebook for family and friends. Everyone on there I know. Cafemom is the only place that I get to talk to other moms about anything and get to know them. I am so grateful for this site!
    mamaB88

Answer by mamaB88 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I do. I typically only get out for errands.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2009