has anyones doctor ever really told them "go home, pack your bag and come back to have a baby" ?

haha just wondering! I hope to hear that at every appointment! Im 38 weeks now, and as of last Thursday I'm not dilated or anything =( and my cervix is posterior...I have an appointment today and I always hope to hear those words from her! haha

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 12:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. My doctor said... "You're going to the hospital. TODAY." LOL I was like "No, I'm going shopping." She laughed and said.. no. You got this ALL wrong. I'M going shopping. YOU'RE going to the hospital to have your baby."

LOL
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Not in so many words, lol

When I had my daughter I went in at 4pm to get checked after I lost my plug. I'd been having contractions all day, but I was still only 2cm dilated.
    The nurse told me to go home and rest, get my affairs in order, call my relatives, etc. and that she would see me back there later that night.
    Lone behold, I was back at 11pm ready to deliver :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• nope didnt hear that. but if this helps i started to dilate at 38 weeks 4 days or so and it was barely a 1 BUT by the next week, i was at a 4 and didnt even feel a thing!! good luck momma!!!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yup when I went to my last dr appt before my due date I thought I was having really bad gas pains but I was actually in labor. My dr was examining me and said honey have you been having contractions long? I said contractions? No but I've had really bad gas pains, she asked how often these gas pains are coming and I said about every 7 min then I realized you can't time gas! She instucted me to go directly to the hospital! Yeah I was a bright one!
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 12:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• With my dd my CNM checked me and said we're going to admit you you're dialated a 5 and 100% effaced. lol then my water broke within the hour so lucky. and with my ds i had been contracting for about a week or so but nothing and when i went in she checks me and says youre bags bulging you're about where i want you lets admit you and ill break your water. so anything is possible!
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes. I went in for my weekly appointment and when the Nurse checked my cervix her gloved hand was alll bloody and she said i was dilated to four and that she could even feel the babies head and his hair. The Dr came in and said i needed to go over to the hospital that i wouldnt make it back if my water broke due to how fast i delivered in the past he was right the nurse went to examin me at the hospital and my water broke and 0ne hour later i was holding my son...one hour it takes me 45 minutes to get home so i would have never made it back to the hospital
    witchymoma

Answer by witchymoma at 12:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes, I've had that happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• how far along were all of you??? and were you already dilated/?? i guess i still have some hope!! lol
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 12:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• lets see. with my dd i was doing the labor floor tour. i stated getting contactions and sure enough they were 5-8 mts apart i was 4cm dialtaed they told me to go home eat take a bath and walk, i ddi2 hrs later they were 3-5 mts apart. they check me and i was still 4c. but i got to saty cuz they were so close together. i was in the hospital 16 hrs. i was 38 wks. she was born the next morning at 8:45 am
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well I've been dilated to 2 cm for over a week and my due date is tomorrow. If the baby doesn't come on its own this weekend the dr. is going to induce me on the 22nd. Good luck! :)
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 12:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009