What do you do while your baby naps?

During my son's first nap of the day I take a shower and if I'm lucky put on my makeup, get dressed, etc. Sometimes I might actually have the opportunity to "Veg" like today. During his afternoon nap I either finish getting dressed, take a nap myself, enjoy some quiet time or every now and then get a head start on dinner or some other chore. Do you mostly use the time to enjoy to yourself and do chores while the baby is awake or do you catch up?

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 12:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It varies... I normally either jump on here or get laundry and dishes done/going. She's 22 mos and only takes one nap and that is only if I'm really lucky. On occasion we nap together but usually she doesn't and tries to help with everything... scrubbing the dishes, moving things in my basement around as I do laundry, helping me make the bed... or drags a ball of yarn all over my house. lol
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It depends on how she is acting on any particular day, but generally I will get dressed and then do the dishes. If there is still time I will hop on the computer, take a nap, watch TV, play in my garden...whatever I feel like :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I nap! I work late nights, and then have to get up early because my husband works early and the kids are early risers. So when my daughter naps, I do too. She is old enough though, that she can entertain herself while I clean and get dressed and what not. When she was younger, I would clean when she would nap.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Only 2 of my children nap and one of those doesnt do it daily anymore LOL.

So I do housework or goof with whoever is awake or we watch one of their movies or I play on the computer.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2009