Cleaning tips...Whats yours...

Spray stove top w/Fantastic, Lysol-all purpose bleach,
Clean dishes, clear table, and wipe.

Sparkles.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Use an ammonia solution to wash windows, dry with a paper towel, polish with crumpled up newspaper.

Answer by Bmat at 12:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• put in a load of laundry right before you start doing dishes. It only takes a few minutes of your time, but most of us look at it as a huge chore. If you put it in before you start dishes, and throw it in the dryer when you are done with dishes, you hardly even notice that you are doing it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• When "mopping" the floor, I just spray/sprinkle the cleaning solution on the floor (preferably an Oxyclean/water solution) and let it sit for 10 minutes. I then scrub it with a clean broom. This is GREAT for textured linoleum where dirt gets into the pores/designs and for the grout between tiled floors. It allows me to scrub without being on my hands and knees and Oxyclean is AMAZING. Wipe floor with a towel to dry (I use my feet - too lazy top bend). I learned that from the housekeeper at Lawrence Welk Resort - makes sense!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 12:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Vinegar works great on faucets with hard water stains! Take off the ends of them put them in a bowl with vinegar for a couple hours and they come out sparkling!! It also works great to wash windows, mirrors etc!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I spray down my stove with a degreasing cleaner right before I start to do the dishes, this helps soften any cooked on food that may be on it. I also use the Lysol Dual Action wipes, they are wonderful for just about anything you may need to clean. I used Clorox Wipes for years, and now that I have found the Lysol ones I'll never go back. The purple fibers really work at scrubbing, I even use them for spot cleaning my floors.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 1:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Wait for hubs to do it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar

Answer by rkoloms at 3:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009