wisdom teeth

do you really need to have to take your wisdom teeth out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not if they aren't bothering you or causing a problem.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You need to have them out if your mouth doesn't have room for them. Most people's mouths don't. If you don't have the room, they can press on the teeth in front of them, and cause problems and pain. Also, while they're growing in, they can't become infected if food gets trapped in the tiny space where the gum is open, and that can be extremely painful.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My mom said they gave her a heck of a time when she was pregnant with me. I opted to have mine out to not have to worry about them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I had mine out when I was 14. No, you dont need to necessarily have them removed. If your mouth isnt big enough for them, which most people's arent, you will need them removed. But not everyone even has their wisdom teeth so you coulg get lucky!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If your jaw isn't large enough, which for most people it is not. Unless they get impacted, you can probably wait until you are not pregnant so that you can get better meds for the surgery. It's not usually an emergency situation to get them out.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009