Midterm

Hello,
My 1st grader brought home his midterm yesterday and has gotten all A+s!! Do you give anygifts or anything for that or do you wait until the actual report card? ideas please. I want to reward him for a great job!!

akbogan

Asked by akbogan at 12:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I plan to reward good grades...for midterm grades I would do something small like maybe dinner at his favorite place or a trinket from the dollar store.
    Simple psychology states that if you want to increase the chances of a behavior continueing you should give positive reinforcement...yes, that can include a pat on the back and an "atta boy" but if you're anything like me he probably gets that all the time. He's got at least 11 glorious years of school to go, why not get him excited about it from the beginnig?
    EmmysMom113

Answer by EmmysMom113 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• WOW midterms in 1st grade! No, we don't reward for really good grades, nor do we punish for bad ones. We say good job for good grades and "now how can we help you improve" for bad grades. That's it.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 12:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2009