Do you email photos and updates to your child's birth mom/family or use the postal system?

If you email photos &/or updates, are you concerned or do you care if they are posted on the birth families other websites? Do you only send the child's photos or is the whole family included? Mom, dad, siblings of adoptive family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Adoption

• I send pics and letters to the birth family of my daughter. Her birth mom and birth grandma to be specific. I send pics of all of the adoptive family. I also send pics of just our daughter too. If she would get on the internet and set up some email and pic sharing sites, that would be great. And no, I don't care if the birth family posts pics on their sites(if they had them). . I think it would be awesome.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I send them by mail. A bmom could still scan them and post but it makes it a little less convenient and I do that intentionally because I dont really want my child's photo on line. Her bmom is not who I am concerned about, her bdad is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I email pictures to my daughters birthfather everytime I down load pictures for myself.

I communicate with his girlfriend more than him, he works plenty..

My dd's birthmother is no where to be found as of right now. Last time I spoke with her she did not have a computer. In the past I have mailed her pictures.

I would not want them to put pictures of my daughter on websites like myspace...etc..
    I do not mind if they send the pictures to other family members..

In the pictures I send mostly of my daughter and her step sisters. If I have pictures of me and my fiance, sure I will send them all..

I love them, we are all family.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Cheers to you. You all walk the talk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Coward above me...

STICK IT>>>

sticking out tongueyou are one jealous mom...

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Dannee, Who are you calling a coward and jealous? Anon 10:41am? Seemed like a positive comment. Are you taking it the wrong way?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Danee sorry you misunderstood me I was saying cheers to you .That you and the others actually do what is talked about REALLY WELL. The saying is " YOU CAN TALK THE TALK BUT CAN YOU WALK THE TALK' .I'm a birth mother not jealous admiring

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I do both. Right now our son's bmom doesn't have Internet, but when she did, and when she gets it back, I set up a photobucket account so she could order pics, and I have hundreds on there from his whole life. When she contacted me to open the adoption, I mailed and emailed tons of pics of the last 7 years! I also have YouTube account so she can see videos of him, and have told her that she is more than welcome to the pics on my myspace and CM, and I have no prob with her posting pics of him, I certainly do! Lol I also send a written update with some of his school work and new pics about every other month in the mail... I'm a little picture crazy and so proud of him. I love finally being able to show him to her after years and years of no contact from her!
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• "Walking the talk" is a compliment!!

It means you don't give something lip service (say one thing, but do something completely different).

So she was admiring what you described Dannee not criticizing :)
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Seems like compliments cant even be given w/out a defensive come back. wow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009