Restless Sleeper

My dd is 16 months old and lately she tosses and turns and groans (not all the time). she even sits up for a minute then plops back down. then 15-20 min later she does it all over again. should i be concerned?

Hail08

Asked by Hail08 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as she's not cranky/tired (i.e she isn't getting a good night's sleep) and she isn't snoring or gasping in her sleep, probably not. My son can be a very restless sleeper as well although I don't know that he's ever actually sat up in his sleep. When in doubt, call your doctor's office and ask about it.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My daughter did the same thing around that age. She's 19 1/2 mo now and doesn`t ne more. I'm convinced it had to do with teething and/or growing pains. Also, do you sleep in the same room? My daughter stopped doing that when we moved her 2 her own room. I don't know if that was coinsidense(sp) or not.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• thx for the answers. she started sleeping good again and then she is restless. the doc said it could be from teething. she dont run any fevers and her diaper in dry. just wish i could take the pain from her....
    Hail08

Answer by Hail08 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2009