Where do people get this idea that ALL conservatives listen to Rush or Glenn Beck?

Everytime I try to have a political discussion all I hear is that since I am conservative I MUST listen to either Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck! I have never even HEARD of Glenn Beck before CM let alone listend to him (which I still haven't), and I was introduced to Rush at a young age, where all I remember (distastefully) was rudeness and yelling and vowed to never listen to him again (which I haven't).

Anybody else have this problem? Anybody a conservative who doesn't listen to either?

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Statistically, most of us don't listen to them. But it's easier to say we do than form an intelligent argument against what we've said.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I don't listen to either of them, and don't plan on it. I am not one to get in a debate, everyone is going to believe what they believe with or without a commentator, on a radio station.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 1:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I can't stand either of them. There have been lots of GB posts lately and if I comment I get lots of bashing about the shows I must watch...but the reality is that libs don't automatically watch the alternatives either... so, I think its nice to know that not all pubs buy into their crap, and on the flip side, libs don't always buy into the other shows either. Fair enough?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• NotPanicking took the words right out of my mouth, or off my keyboard rather. If this administration as taught us anything it's that it's easier to attack the credibility of the person with a differing opinion instead of actually using facts to prove them wrong.

BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 1:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• They have millions of viewers and a lot of their garbage has been brought up in town halls and at Tea parties. and mostly just the wildly untrue inflammatory stuff

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I think it is funny when people assume and throw in a rant about me 'following' Rush... I have never listened to Rush on the radio. I listen to Beck when I am in the car. I'll tivo his shows. If I hear it is a good one, then I might go back and watch it. I prefer Laura Ingaram. Today her show was AWESOME. It was with Anita MonCrief, who formally worked with ACORN and uncovered some of their scandel long before these videos surfaced. ACORN went after her.Good Interview.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I prefer Laura Ingaram.

Grly...she is AWFUL!!!!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Ohh and she interviewed 2010 senate candidate Michael Williams for Senate in Texas. It's got me wanting to research him. It's given me some hope for the GOP.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Most of you quote them and get all excited when he is on so what else are we to assume?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Sweet~She has some of the best interviews... I like to here WHAT people say when they say it. Not sound bits. She is one of the few conservatives who gets REAL peopls talking... When has ABC, CBS, or NBC interviewed Anita MonCrief or Michael Willimas? They won't do it. Where else is there to go to hear conservative interviews?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2009