How can I get my son to sleep in his own bed all night?

My son is 4 months old and lately I've been so tired come bedtime that I just Lay him on my chest to sleep. I know this in't good but when I try rocking him to sleep and then putting him in his bed he always wakes up, without fail and I'm right back at square one. Any suggestions?

SweeThang931

Asked by SweeThang931 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i to struggle with that and my little guy is 5 months. if you have a playpen with a bassinet that can be next to your bed try that and when he starts to wake when you put him down just pat him softly and shhh him it takes time. Our little guy will go to sleep in his crib just fine but half way through the night he stil wakes 3 times a night he wont go back down in his crib after he feeds he ends up in our bed im just to tired i dont bother fighting it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Maybe you could try swaddling him? Does he like that? Just do whatever you can to stop it now. My son is 16 months old and I struggle with it to.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• well i had the same problem with my lil one she was always used to sleeping with me so at first she would wake up and come to my bed but then i put a stuff animal right besides her or even in her hands mostly agents her back so she falt as if i was there and ever scence i started doing that she started sleeping on her own
    LILMAMA102206

Answer by LILMAMA102206 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Thanks for all the great advice ladies! Hopefully mommy will have her bed to herself tonight!
    SweeThang931

Answer by SweeThang931 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2009