How will you dress your boy & girl for picture day?

My 6 yr. old girl has long hair almost to her butt and we keep it pretty neat and pretty most of the time with a braid or french braid...we will be shorting it soon bc it is getting to where it gets in her way when she does wear it loose then eventually puts in a ponytail or whatever.

I would like to ask for some ideas for picture day...for her.

And for my son 8 yrs. old I guess just make it simple nothing different...lol

Thank you ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• half up... with a bow. or do a side bow. and a cute lil dress. :) always looks precious. 8yr old boy.. just a cute shirt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Our picture day was last Tuesday.

My DD wore her hair down, she didn't want it put up, and she wore a pretty purple and gold tank top.

I only bought a few pictures. School pictures are never good, and I take all their pictures, so I really didn't see a point. BUT I did want a few since she is in preschool and these were her first school pictures ever.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Loose for DD - have her bring it in front so you can see how long it is in the picture (before you go and chop it off)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Today was my DD's picture day and she wanted her hair in low pigtail braids It looked really cute and you can see her hair in the picture it's long and tends to get messy fast. So I thik it was a great pick in keeping it nice and neat til picture time.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 1:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I let them pick their own hairstyles and outfits for picture day.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• 6 y.o. son: As long as he's clean and doesn't have wackadoo hair, who cares LOL

11 y.o. daughter: She's got control over it with my input... but her hair only looks good flat ironed and I'm gone on momma vacation that week. Hopefully I can teach her how to do at least the front before then!
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 2:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Jovi my 6 yr old dd will probably wear it in a ponytail & my other 6 yr old dd, Juliette, will probably wear it with some up & some down. Jovi has a polka dot dress she is going to wear & Juliette will wear a plaid skirt with a pink tank top & a jacket with it.
    QueenOfNagsHead

Answer by QueenOfNagsHead at 3:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Baby girl 3yrs wanted to dress herself.. I wanted to dress her but she made a big fuss so she wore a pink shirt with orange pants...oh was i mad... but when i brought her to school i has a black/pink pair of pants and i told her the camera loves pink and black... of corse she wore it but the hair, now that was cute she had 3 pig tails that was in 3 different directions.....ohh my gosh! but i havent seen the pics yet.. this was the other day!!!! CAN'T WAIT..
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• DD pic. day is Oct. 25th she has hair that lays on her shoulder we will probably flip it up and put a cut lil polka dot headband and she's wearing pink leggins with a cut cut up kinda skirt and a super cute zebra tank!!
    Coolmommy1

Answer by Coolmommy1 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2009