PUTTING THE CHILD DOWN W/ CUP OR BOTTLE?

DO YOU DO IT?
IS IT BAD TO DO?

8MONTHS OLD IS THE AGE BRACKET IM LOOKING FOR.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no, and it is bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It's bad at any age. EVERYTHING I've ever read and ALL the dr's I've EVER heard from have said it's bad. It can give them ear infections, it can mess up their teeth (true they will eventually fall out, but why would you want to make your kid have discolored or misshappen teeth in their early childhood?)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• no dont do it and its really bad mainly because its not good for their teeth and also becomes a bad habbit thats hard to break. give him his cup or bottle and then put him down to bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• its bad because then the milk just sits in the gums and its not good, also when laying down and drinking aides in ear infections
    anarosenewman

Answer by anarosenewman at 1:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my dd has beautiful teeth & never had an ear infection, she drinks a cup of milk before bed, and sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night for more milk (she's 3)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• IMO, it's no different than nursing a child to sleep BUT you need to remove the bottle or cup once they are asleep not leave it in their mouth as that IS bad.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• anon.. and some kids parents drank when pregnant and turned out fine.. sooo your point?
    anarosenewman

Answer by anarosenewman at 2:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My little girl used to go to bed with a cup of milk every night and she ended up having to have her front two teeth capped. It costed $400 too (for white ones). We've always brushed her teeth morning and night. I didn't know it was so bad until she went to her first dentist appt. He could tell just by looking at her teeth that she had been sleeping with a cup. It was just the front two, no cavities anywhere else. It was humiliating and I cried for two days. The dentist said if she was going to drink a cup at night, it needed to be water. But we've cut that out since all this happened. Don't let your kid do it... My daughter had to go to Children's Hospital and be put under general anesthesia because of something I could've prevented.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• This issue is that bottle can sit in the mouth and promote bacteria growth which can lead to unhealthy gums.

DD never went to bed with a bottle. She would drink her milk before bed but she never went to bed with it. I never felt like she needed it though so it wasn't an issue for us.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 2:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2009