Why is it that someone asks a question about adoption and the same people have to answer over and over?

It's the same people over and over, they get political, and go on and on and on, sometimes even off the subject of the question. Why do you feel the need to fill in 3 or 4 answer boxes at a time? You know people stop reading after a while because it just looks like phsycobabble that runs together. People are always going to adopt whether you like it or not. It seems like they aren't living their lives by constantly going in circles on here. How can you live your life and move on from something you can't change if you are constantly going at it online? Sorry if it's harsh, it's how I feel.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Adoption

• OP: so true.

Those people got tired of talking to each other back and forth when they drove everyone out of their groups so now they come here.

I think they must have paragraphs ready to cut and paste since we hear the same story over and over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• why are you reading then?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• What?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If you are aware of how it works (or does not work) here, then don't bother to ask a question. You aren't going to get a useful answer (in your opinion) so why waste your time here?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Maybe people keep answering because the OP has follow up questions in the same post.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• aak
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Maybe because so many of you post anon - so we truly believe that we might be responding to someone who hasn't been in this section and therefore hasn't read all of the closed questions?

And....I'd bet that just as many people respond anon over and over with the same answers but they just don't stand out the same way because all the anons run together.

And...a lot of us try to make sure that we provide enough background in our answers to give people context and try to ensure that we don't unintentionally cause fodder for a battle in areas that we know are sensitive or tend to cause hurt feelings if you don't include the context.

Goodness!!! Were you one of those folks that were annoyed with classmates who honestly thought that they were adding to classroom discussions? This forum is set up similarly so that all can respond if they choose to. Take what works for you and skip over the rest!!!
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• LOL! And actually for some of us, our professions ARE in the field of child welfare and adoption....so OP this subject is relevant to a good portion of how we spend our time.

That doesn't mean we are obsessed in a bad way, or that we don't have quality relationships with others, or that we neglect our families and friends.

Oh dear....I took up 2 whole boxes in response to your question!!!! But...perhaps you saw my name and just skipped over everything I wrote - which is fine with me :) There are plenty of people who aren't anon who give feedback to me that I know some of my responses help some people - and that counts far more to me. Sometimes it is tiring to answer the same types of questions, but if it can help one person than it's worth it.
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I am not the OP but there are some women who repeatedly refuse to keep to the topic discussed and turn every posting, no matter what the original topic. There is nothing that you need to say that is so important that it needs to take up 3 panels every time they tell it and they tell it over and over.

We have become such an interesting society in that everyone thinks their story is critically important to others, regardless of how unrelated or outdated the story is.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Maybe someone is new here. Maybe the have NOT seen the same old/same old & to them its new. You can stop reading anytime you want. Its pretty obvious by now that a lot of the same people come back here again & again. But in reality, anyone on cafemom can see what is in this section yet a lot of times its treated as if its some kind of exclusive club!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009