for moms who do not vac

how would you guys feel if when your child hits a certain age he or she decides he wants to get vaccinated? would you let him/her? what if they hit 18 and get vacinated anddoes not tell you? or if they join the military? (they have to be vacinated).

piwife

Asked by piwife at 1:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

• if they join the military they can have a religious exemption and they dont have to get any vaccinations.
    However, i already have plans to allow my children to get vaccinated if that is their choice. I think the law states that over the age of 14 a child has some say in their medical decisions. And i'm fine with that. My children will already know where i stand on the issue and are old enough to make some of their own choices. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My children are selectively vax'd. If they reach an age of reason and are able to understand the benefits and risks of the vaccines I have chosen not to give them thus far and wanted the vaccinations, yes I would probably allow them to get vaccinated. My oldest is nine and very smart, and I do give him input in his medical treatment, although I do make the final decisions. Once they are 18, they will be making their own health decisions anyway.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

thats not tru my dh is in the military and i kno whow it works. they diont care if its for religion you haver to have vaccinations. when my dh was in bootcamp one of the recruits in the paltoons he was with had no vacitatios and during the time he was in bootcamp he got them all. my dh has been to iraq twice and everyone form his unti was obigated to get the smallpox vaccines.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My DH is in the military too! And if you have a religious exemption BEFORE you join then you CAN opt out from getting any of the vaccines. My DH is in Iraq right now!
    :0
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• what branch is he in? praying for a safe return.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• He's in Army. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My DD will be vaccinated eventually. The more research i do, the more it becomes obvious that the problems with the vaccines are that they are given at such a young age, and they are given so many at a time. Recently even the CDC said they can no longer rule out the option that vaccines cause autism, and other mental illnesses. That they believe it's because children are exposed to so many vaccines in such a short period of time. And, i prefer my DD to build a natural immunity to things, which is much more powerful and reliable that an artificial one.
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• dh is in the marines so maybe is diiferent
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• We selectively vax’ed, on a delayed schedule. We have left the Gardisil decision up to our 14 year old.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my hubby is a marine also and he is ensuring me that when you go overseas you must be vaccinated regarless of religious beliefs.. you will not be accepted w/o them. Just thought I'd throw in my opinion:)
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009