Im about to flip my lid. Someone help!!

My 10 month old has been crying non-stop for 4 days now. I am blaming it on teathing and a possible bug going around. He cries when I hold him, he crys when I put him down. Any foods or liquids I give him, he throws on the ground. I have tried teething tablets, oregel, tylenol, motrin. Popsicles were helping yesterday, but unsuccessful today. I'm to the point of having a mental breakdown. I have no one to watch him besides myself. I'm stuck at home with him & need to do schoolwork. I cannot concentrate & may be suicidal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First of all, put him in his bed and shut his bedroom door. He will be just fine crying there while you take a few moments to yourself. I had the same issue the week I brought myn home from the hospital, I couldn't get him to stop crying most of the time so I started putting him in his bed and going into another room for a few minutes to regain control and calm myself down. Also one piece of advice that just about everyone in my family has told me is that if mommy is tired, cranky, anxious, tense or stressed then the baby will feel it and will respond to it. I hope this helps. Remember teething doesnt last forever and neithery does babyhood. Soon your little guy will be walking(I he isnt already) and getting into everything!
    SweeThang931

Answer by SweeThang931 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It could be an ear infection. Does he have a fever? Is he having wet diapers and eating at all? He's 10 months old, He will be fine if you need to walk away for 15 minutes off and on. I understand the frustration, believe me!! I DO! my son has been FAR from easy. Sometimes when you have things to do and you have a crying baby to tend to, you will have to miss out on sleep when he goes to bed to do it - sacrifice of being a parent, but it IS ok to walk away when you are at your wits end too !! Sometimes a walk helps - the fresh air? gets you both out of the house - clearly you will have to wait to do your homework but a change of scenery sometimes helped/helps my son when he's in a mood!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Take him to the Doc. and confirm nothing is wrong with him. Once you know that, put him in his crib or playpen with toys and do your work. He is old enough to soothe himself and doesn't need to be held 24/7.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I would definitely contact the doctor and get baby in to see if there is something wrong. An ear infection can cause those type of symptoms and are VERY painful and will not go away on it's own! I understand you need a moment for you but baby seems to be in some sort of pain and it is never recommended to CIO if baby is in pain.

Another big thing you need to address is the suicidal part. If you feel suicidal contact someone immediately!!! http://suicidehotlines.com/    1 800 784 2433

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I would call your doctor. It could be anything from an ear infection to teething, honestly. There's no telling from our side what it could be. If he's not reacted to any of the teething relief methods then it may not be that. If he's refusing liquids and foods it may be that he has an infection or some kind of bug. I suggest calling his Pedi and getting an appointment to see what might be causing this.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• What you need to do is the next time that the baby starts crying try to comfort him and if that don’t work and you fill overwhelmed than you need to step out of the room maybe out of the house for just a min or 2 and calm yourself down. Sometimes we have to get behind in our school work for a little while when our kids are sick it happens it is part of being a mom. Stop stressing about if, just try not to worry about if. And when you so gets home if you have had a hard day today (it sounds like you have) then ask him to watch the baby for a little while and go have a shower or go for a run something for just you.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• A little hint NEVER put oregel on your child’s gums when there cutting a tooth oregel hardens the gums and makes it harder for the tooth to come in (that is what my dds doc told me) I would try a wet wash cloth that I had put in the freezer for a couple of min or even try to rub his gums with your finger. Good luck
    kristyleigh614