The job offer

Ok. So, I have been offered a job, which I need. This job provides me the ability to stay home (at least for the most part) with my kids. It will, in the future, provide me with medical insurance--which I presently have none. And all in all sounds like a good opportunity for me right now.
Here's the catch: It's my ex that offered me the job. Right now, my husband and I are going thru a tough time. My dh HATES this ex of mine, because he knows that he & I have always shared something. My dh has some anger management issues, and I'm honestly not sure how he'd react to this, or how I'd tell him. BUT, I really think its a good opportunity.
What are your opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you really need to consider your husband's feelings. Especially if your ex and you really do "share something". Decide which is more important, the money and opportunity, or your marriage. I have to say that if my husband wanted to work with or for one of his ex's, (depending on which one) I might have some serious issues with it, and I don't think he'd like it if I worked with an ex either.

I think I'd pass on the opportunity.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• oh honey... that is tough! What worries me about your post is where you say your DH has anger management issues, and your not sure how he will handle it. I was an abused woman for years and it gave me chills thinking about what my ex's reaction would be to that. It wouldn't be pretty and it is the number one reason that my kids and I left him (with the help of a local women's shelter and a lot of online suport and encouragement)

((Big Hugs)) to you...

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If your husband physically abuses you, then I add my support to the above posters and say get out of there. Then you can take the job, once you are all settled and safe. If your husband is not abusive, although anger management issues implies that he is, but if not, then discuss it with him and that it seems a good deal.

Answer by Bmat at 2:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I'm the question asker:
    I forgot to mention that the job is as my exes personal assistant basically.

No, my husband does not physically abuse me, just mentally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If you get to work from home and will only be in contact with your ex by phone or something go for it. If you husband isn't able to provide you with insurance then HE needs to address that if he doesn't want you to take this job. (You can mentally abuse him too you know.) Just something to think about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009