Lunch box tag ideas?

My daughter and about 15 other girls in kindergarten and first grade have the SAME Hello Kitty lunch box. And every day after school it causes great distress to all involved as they sort through which lunch box is whose. It was so bad yesterday that the buses were delayed. Personally I don't see what the problem is, I say we all just pack their snacks/lunches and send them on their way. Which ever lunch box they bring out of the lunchroom is still Hello Kitty. However the Tupperware mom likes her stuff back. LOL

Does anyone have any "Tagging" ideas? I would like something like a Bright Neon Tag that has maybe her grade, teachers name and possibly her Initials. I would like to make it so it's so unique that no one else will possibly think it's theirs.

I'd like to say, "Yes, that one is ours! We're out of the competition".
BTW, the names keep washing off!

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 2:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We have a laminated notecard (bright pink) safty pinned to the handle... it has her name and teacher's name on it but it could be blank...we can see it from a mile away!
    EmmysMom113

Answer by EmmysMom113 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Write your childs name on a neon index card...decorate it with stickers and glitter. have it lamenated or put it in one of those id badge plastic covers and ziptie it to the lunchbox.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• By some sticker paper for your computer, take a photo of your daughter, and print it on the sticker paper. Press it on the backside of her lunchbox, then cover it with clear contact paper so it won't get messed up. She'll always know which lunchbox is hers!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If that were happening, I'd just be getting a new one. lol But thats me. I'd get a permenant marker(sharpie?) and lable her name on it.
    The people who do the kids pictures for the school, offer a bag tag -with kids pic on it, in their selection of what to buy along with regular pictures, I'm getting one this year, wonder if it'll be ok or not.Maybe look for one at a luggage store? I think at walmart you can order them too with a picture on it too.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Write her name on the lunch box with a black Sharpie marker and redo as needed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• YOU KNOW THAT THING YOU USE FOR NAME TAGS WHEN YOU START WORK... FORGET TH NAME OF IT BUT YOU TYPE THE NAME IN IT AND IT PRINTS OUT THE NAME FOR YOU.... JUST TAPE IT ON YOUR LITTLE PRINCESS LUNCH BOX AND THERE U GO........ OT SUE ON HER NAME ON THE LUNCH BOX!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• We have written her name on the lunch box, it washes off. Yes, we used a sharpy. Its the last line of post.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I love the laminate ideas. I got out my sizzix and I did the luggage tags. I put her initials, Room # and Teachers Name. Laminated it and tied one to her backpack and another to her lunch box with her favorite color ribbon and a ton of dangilly beads hanging off it. I'll try to take some pictures of it. If I get some good ones I'll post them on my blog (stuckathomemom.com)

Thank you ladies!!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009