Do any moms have succes at Mary Kay or Avon?

Just wondering, thought about maybe doing it.

Richys_Girl

Asked by Richys_Girl at 2:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Mary kay is wonderful. But it's a lot to start up as most people want their product when they pay for it at parties. I would have kept on selling it but it's hard when working a 50 hour a week job along with it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I ended up in debt selling Avon because my customers would order from me the first couple of campaigns, then continue asking for books and not buying anything, so I still had to pay for books when no one was ordering anything from me. I stopped after a few months because of the fact that I couldn't afford it (and unlike some people that I know, I didn't end up not being able to afford it because I was my best customer lol, I only bought like 2 things the whole time).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I don't sell either one but I do know moms that are very successful with both. It is a commitment, you are not going to see success in a few weeks or a few months. You have to work at it and your reason for wanting to do it needs to carry you through the times that suck. I own another home business and know there are times I would like to through my hands up and quit but just around the corner is a sale. I am so glad I stuck it out because it is really becoming worth my time.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I am quite successfull with Arbonne. I fell in love with their anti-aging products and with my passion about them, I have a lot of success. Any of these businesses can be a lot of work if you want to succeed quickly, but it is only for a season of your life. My advise is just to always be consistent. Let me know if you would like to know more.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 3:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have tried both! Mary Kay was my first attempt at a home based business. Loved the company and product. I invested over $3000 and in the end lost it all. It just wasn't a good fit for me at the time...new mom with a baby at home. I wasn't able to "really" work from home. I needed a sitter for when I went out and did facials and shows. Also, the quarterly committment to reamin active at that time I found myself ordering and then stuck with product.

Avon...well, I never figured that one out! I got tired of each omoth starting from ground zero and collecting orders...again! Also, as stated above I spent so much on catologs and delivering them that my profit was washed up.

Neither of these are "bad" companies. Just my experience. Know what you will be doing and love the product. With that you can't fail!
    Good luck in your search. I found something seven years ago that finally works for me. So don;t give up!

I
    lradant

Answer by lradant at 5:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I am quite successfull with Arbonne.

A friend of mine sells that and she loves it. She tried to get me involved, but i am not that great at sales. lol
    Ali-Rippy

Answer by Ali-Rippy at 11:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I do Mary Kay. I usually make a few hundred a month ( I dont do parties) if I were to do parties I would make a lot more. I only do online sales. A good friend of mine works her MK business about 20 hrs a week.. if that.. and in 9 months from starting earned the pink cadi and is making very very good money. Its possible, just depends on how much you want to work. I dont understand what the avon ppl are talking about with starting over every month?? I dont know what that means. Also I think marykay is the only direct selling company where you make 50% profit from day 1. If you have any other questions let me know. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I am a successful Mary Kay Consultant. If you like to know if you have what it takes to be a Mary Kay consultant, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.You are welcome to pm me or e-mail pstatewright1@marykay.com
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 1:54 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I tried Avon, and sucked at it! I couldn't get to enough people to make money, so I only had a few customers. And of course those same people didn't want to buy out of every book.
    My aunt is a mary kay consultant. She does very well with them, but she is much more social then I am!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009