Preeclampsia???

I am 30 weeks prego and was just told I have protein levels in my urine. I had this with my 1st child but did't find out till I was 36 weeks so only had it for a week. Now I have to go 7 weeks (I hope). I was hoping someone could give me some advise on what helped them with preclampsia if anything?? They are thinking bed rest is in my near future.

dmkjford

Asked by dmkjford at 2:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A study conducted at Harvard University found that by eating at least 75 grams of protein per day, pregnant women could prevent diseases of pregnancy such as preeclampsia (metabolic toxemia of late pregnancy). During pregnancy a woman's blood volume increases as much as 40 to 60 percent, and in order to reach this necessary level and maintain it, a woman's body needs adequate protein, salt, calcium, potassium and water from her diet.  Nutrition during Pregnancy - by Amy V. Haas

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i have it and have been managing it with biweekly dr visits and im 39 weeks on monday i havent done much else besides relaxing most every chance i get
    raenicole88

Answer by raenicole88 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I had it and found out at 32 weeks. They delivered my daughter the same day. But my BP was pretty high.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2009