How do you ladies deal with emotionally having to get on medicine to get pregnant?

I have a hard time dealing with admitting defeat. My husband and I had a hard time ttc with my son. I told medicine and got pregnant. I was so happy to have him, but i still wished we could have conceieved without any help. Now, we are ttc again and its been over a year and I'm forced with the decision to go and get medicine again. I don't want to, but i want another baby. I know i shouldn't care as long as i get a baby, but does it ever bother anyone else they couldn't just have a hot night of sex and conceive a baby. Why do i have to make it a science experiment?! It makes me feel so bad when i have two sisters that didn't even plan their children...they just got pregnant and i see women everyday just pop out one kid after another. Why can't that be me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• life's funny that way. it could be you're too stressed out. or other health issues, like smoking and alcohol use. i've heard of women doing both and they still get knocked up. i'm not a doctor, so in all honesty i can't tell you "exactly" why. good luck in your efforts and keep trying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I will be starting clomid next month and I am just hopeful that it will work. I conceived my son without any "help", but it took over 2 years to do so. Yes, in a perfect world, we would get pregnant right away when we started trying, but what can you do? I honestly couldn't wait to go to the dr's to try and get something to help me. If modern medicine can help me give my son a sibling, then I am all for it. I wouldn't be concerned about it if I were you, just be grateful that the meds worked for you, because they don't for some people. Maybe just give yourself a timeline and if you don't conceive by then naturally go for the meds again. Maybe having that safety net will help you relax and it will happen for you. Either way hopefully you get the same end result!
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 5:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• What kind of medicine did the doc put you on?
    tykesmommy

Answer by tykesmommy at 7:10 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I know what you mean! It's not fair that other people get to enjoy making babies.. while us on medicine.. is scheduled and down to the "hour" that we must have sex. IT takes all the fun out of it, which is probably what takes so long to get pregnant on medicine.. I'm sorry your going through this.. I know that its not quite what you want, but look at the end result.. That's all that matters
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i don't mean to rude, so please don't take offense, but you should say thank the lord that there is medicene to take!!!!! 6 of my 7 children were from clomid and i'm waiting to see what the clomid will do for me this time.....
    it doesn't matter how the baby was concieved , just that you finally got one!
    just think how you would feel if whatever medicene you take hadn't been invented!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2009