What can I take to get rid of a UTI?

My period just ended several days ago, and then all of a sudden I'm getting a mild pain towards the end of urinating. I've never had a UTI in 28 yrs of life, so I don't know what to do. Suggestions?! It's so annoying!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Health

• antibiotic ( or drink alot of water & cranberry juice)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• first make sure it's even a UTI. it could be something else. go to your doc to find out for sure.
    islandmom85

Answer by islandmom85 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yep, tons of water and cranberry juice, if it's too bad you'll need antibiotics, but I've gotten rid of more than a few UTI's with water and cranberry juice. Just don't let it get too far. My cousin just ended up in the hospital. She tried to cure it with juice and water, but let it go too long and it became a kidney infection, 5 days in the hospital. She had no insurance and didn't want to go to the doctor, but a doctor visit would be cheaper than the hospital.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If it gets worse, or if you develop lower back pain, go to a doctor!

Here is how you can try to treat it yourself: drink lots of water; take cranberry capsules (dried cranberries); avoid caffeine, sugar, spice foods, acidic foods; take a pro-biotic supplement

Answer by rkoloms at 2:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• cranberry juice and yogurt
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If I have any symptoms of a possible UTI, I get AZO Standard. It makes your pee weird colors so make sure you wear a pantyliner as well. But it works usually with the first dose. I hope you feel better!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 2:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Thanks everyone for the suggestions. There's no blood or anything, just a really weird owie-ish feeling towards the end of peeing, that and I feel like I always have to go. It really sucks :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• YEA CRANBERRYJUICE IS THE BEAT FOR THAT......HUSBAND HAS IT NOW.... OUCH
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• what is wrong with my spelling today...dammmm i ment to say best for that...SORRY!!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Does AZO Standard just help relieve the symptoms or does it treat the infection too?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Sep. 17, 2009