Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Step son, Child Support, Ect?

Me and my now husband have 1 4 year old boy and 1 on the way in january. When my son was 6 weeks we had major problems and we serpated for 6 months. He slept with a random women she got preggo and kept it. We got back together and ever since than its been a nightmare with her. We had to go through court to put himself on childsupport because she wouldnt accept anything other than cash, and he wanted paternity. He is also fighting her every 6 mnths for visitation. She flakes all the time as well. We pay her $350.00 a month and have him every Saturday. This was a battle to get. She lives with her parents, stays home, and has a 2 mnth old now with another guy shes not with.

My question is this: We are just making it on what we have and expecting another.,..She constantly calls to ask us to buy him shoes, clothes, take hi mweekly for a haircutt. For a while my hub felt bad and would. 4 weeks ago he started telling her "no"

Answer Question

Asked by NIKKIANDYBABY at 2:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 7 (153 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • it cutt me off.

    he told her the 350 per month we give her should be buying him clothes, shoes and haircutts. We buy him food, toys, icecream whatever we do that day when were out..And for christmas we buy him lots of gifts, birthday, easter we make him a Easter basket all is equal with his child and ours on holidays and stuff. I even make him a basket.

    She is having a shit fit cause we refuse to buy him clothes shoes and haircutts now. Hes 2.5. Are we wrong or is she wrong?

    Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 2:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • That child support is to go towards all of which she is requiring you or asking you to pay for now. She is in the wrong if I am understanding this correctly.

    Answer by mamakirs at 2:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • Thats what I think. Why should wepay child support if we need to buy his clothes, shoes, haircutts, and whatever else he needs?

    Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 2:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • If she wasn't living with her parents, I'd be inclined to say that maybe she needs the extra help and that your hubby should try to help out since it is his kid, too. But if she's living with her parents, then what is she spending that money on? Does she work? If she works as well, then even if her parents require her to pay rent and help with bills, she should still have enough money to take care of the child. I think your hubby is right to tell her no. If she gets out on her own, and is working, and needs help at that point, that's different.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 3:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • hubby should try to help out since it is his kid, too

    He is paying his child support

    Answer by mamakirs at 3:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • she doesnt work she just had another kid whos 2 someone else..if she couldnt afford ss why have another? i think our share of 350 is a decent amount and definantly all we can provide being we have 2 children of our own and bills too...

    she doesnt work just sahm she calls cell...her tax return went to her boobs this year

    Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 3:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • $350 is a decent amount of child support for one child and yo should not buy extra clothes, shoes, etc just because she asks. You could get him some clothes to keep at your house and make sure they stay there, otherwise, pay child support, get your visitation, make sure he knows he is loved and don't worry about his mother. You can even request a child support reduction hearing if you are struggling with your own children.

    Answer by kustomkrochet at 3:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • $350 is a lot more than I get in child support for my son, and I don't call his dad up and ask him for more money for other stuff. If it was major medical expenses or something really big like that, sure I'd have to ask him to help me with it, but day to day things like haircuts and clothing, etc, no that is what the child support is for.

    Answer by riotgrrl at 4:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • Tell her if she needs additional things that you want to see (with receipts) that what you have already given her has been used for legitimate expenses.If that still isn't sufficient you can decide to work something out at that point.

    Answer by AmandaLyman at 5:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.