Which of these two comments is closer to a fact? A) Second-hand smoking causes Allergies in children OR B) Vaccines cause Autism in children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• A- has had more research and has undeniable facts behind it.

B- has not had enough research to come to a full conclusion, BUT thermosal has been proven to cause autistic like disorders in infant primates.

"The first research project to examine effects of the total vaccine load received by children in the 1990s has found autism-like signs and symptoms in infant monkeys vaccinated the same way. The study's principal investigator, Laura Hewitson from the University of Pittsburgh, reports developmental delays, behavior problems and brain changes in macaque monkeys that mimic "certain neurological abnormalities of autism." "
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• A ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Both.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• A.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• A- has been proven numerous times
    B-has not been proven in any major medical studies that have not been recalled b/c there wasn't enough evidence.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I would say both are accurate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• A-I cannot be around anyone who smokes because it is the number one cause of an allergic asthma attack for me. I have never had me or anyone in my family have any problems with a vaccine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Neither. Second hand smoke can lead to asthma, not allergies. Allergies is something that is in your DNA make up. Some one can be born to a smoke and animal free home and have severe allergies where as another can be born to a smoke and animal infested home and have none allergies. They aren't related.

Autism and vaccines have not be conclusively linked. Millions of children get vaccinated with no ill effects at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• A
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• They suggest, for the first time, that our closest animal cousins develop characteristics of autism when subjected to the same immunizations - such as the MMR shot -- and vaccine formulations - such as the mercury preservative thimerosal -- that American children received when autism diagnoses exploded in the 1990s.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009