Induction cancelled?

Anyone else had their induction cancelled due to not being dilated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, not I.
    I guess that would be a good thing! Obviously your baby isn't ready now. Your body isn't either. Glad to hear your provider respected that, not pressured you into a cesarean.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I agree! Inductions are miserable anyway (IMO) and raise your chance of having a c-section SIGNIFICANTLY.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Why are you being induced without medical cause (ie: pre-eclampsia, etc.)? Don't you know induction quadruples the likelihood you will have a c-section and that your baby will experience distress during labor?? Water-breaking to "speed things up" also increases the likelihood of infection and of cord-prolapse two-fold. C-section then quadruples the chance you or your baby will DIE during your birthing experience. Why are you taking such unnecessary risks with you and your babies health.. ? Cause you are "tired" of being pregnant?

Sigh..
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 3:18 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I hope you go into labor naturally and labor as long as possible at home. That way the overly cautious (IE: looking out for lawsuits) medical profession can't mess it up.

I applaud your OB for atleast waiting til you are dilated some -- if they try inducing before you are dilated / effaced at all that pretty much guarantees you to have a c-section.
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 3:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Im borderline pre-e. But thanx for being a bitch!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I'm sorry but if your induction was for true medical reason it would not be canceled, it would mean that your baby needs to be out ASAP and then there is no time to postpone anything. Yes if your body is not getting ready for labor induction is a very bad idea..over 40% of inductions end up in c-section anyway and if you are not favorable the chances are even higher.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• wow we have some moms with their panty's to far up their asses today. No i have not had mine canceled due to not being dialated. I was induced and i didn't dialate and they sent me home and brought me back a week later for another induction, although i was a month overdue, so i am not sure why they would schedule one for you and cancel it
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 3:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes. I was scheduled to be induced at 38 weeks...when i came in they gave me pitocin and it did nothing but give me false contractions for about 7-8 hours. I did not dilate. My doctor then gave me the choice of getting cervidil (which opens your cervix), more pitocin or go home. I opted to go home and let nature take it's course. I'm now 40 weeks and 3 days and still no baby!! He wasn't ready...BUT I am going back in to be induced on Monday (my personal choice...no need to explain why to any opposers here) and my doctor said this time I will not be leaving the hospital without my baby. Woo Hoo!!
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 7:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• "borderline pre-e" eh? It's normal for blood pressure to increase slightly at the end of pregnancy. It is a result of extra fluids and strain on the body.

Are you spilling protein into your urine? Are you very swollen? Have you gained a ton of weight unexplained? Do you have headaches a lot? Do you feel hot/dizzy? Are you seeing spots in your vision? These are all indications of pre-e. If you have them, I am sorry for my assumption. If you do NOT, however, I am sorry you took my post wrong.

It was out of extreme concern and sadness that so many women are misled by the obstetrical community into being induced before their babies are ready to leave.. Not out of anger with you. Actually, I feel bad for you that you honestly believe that this is what you need to do and I will feel even more forlorn when you don't have the birth experience you imagined as a little girl.
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 9:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Are you spilling protein into your urine? Yes I am and I have been for over a month.
    Are you very swollen? I cant even walk around or bend my toes.
    Have you gained a ton of weight unexplained?I gain about 7lbs a week and have for the past 4 weeks and I am on a strict diet do to my swelling.
    Do you have headaches a lot? I have had a bad head ache since Sunday.
    Do you feel hot/dizzy? All of the time.
    Are you seeing spots in your vision? When my head ache gets really bad, yes I see spots and my vision becomes blurry.
    I do know the symptoms. I have been checked about 3 times (blood tests) and a 24 hour urine test. My results arent high enough....yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009