Do you qualify for Food stamps?

I'm trying to get a friend on Foodstamps. How much do you have to make? She has 5 kids and qualifies for WIC. Wouldn't she also qualify for Foodstamps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on her income. More than likely with 5 kids she will qualify...but being on WIC does not automatically qualify you for other assistance...the income limits are different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• the income guidelines are different. if you go to your local DHS website it has all that info on how much you can make per family size
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 3:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• PP is right the income requirments are different for WIC and Foodstamps. I believe you can go online and get an estimate of what you would be approved for, it isnt a guarantee you'll be approved but it'll give you an idea! I did it when my son was born, but we only qualified for like $9/mo so I didnt bother going through the process.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Family of 6 (mom & 5 kids) gross monthly income limit $3,200. Net monthly income limit $2, 461.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/fsp/applicant_recipients/fs_Res_Ben_Elig.htm

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2009