how to get a crayon stain out of clothes???!!!

I washed some bran new hand me downs the other day and did not think to check the pockets. i washed all my new hand me downs with a bright red crayon. i just tried washing the clothes again with some oxi clean but the stains are still there.. HELP!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS??!

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Take all clothes with crayon markings to a place where you can soak them, a bathtub is perfect. Go through the clothes and spray crayon markings with WD-40, it does stink, but it works. Let the clothes soak for an hour or more.

Step 3Grab an old toothbrush and scrub the crayon markings off the clothes. If they are tough markings, add more WD-40 and let soak longer.

Step 4To further remove crayon add HOT water to the tub and let soak till water is warm to the touch, where you are able to handle and scrub the markings off.

JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 3:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I just got an email that said to use WD-40 . . .
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Murphy's Oil Soap. Rub a dab on each of the stains and let sit for 30 minutes. Wash in hot water.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Then rewash in the washing machine.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 3:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I would think WD-40 would leave a grease stain so I would try it with one piece first if it was me.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2009