what do you do while waiting for the bus?

The bus stop for DS is down on the corner from our apartment, and so I go out to wait for it each day. What do other moms do while standing there so they don't feel stupid. Sometimes I feel really silly standing there waiting for the bus.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i just stand there or pace, sometimes text. dont worry about what anyone thinks
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 3:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Don't get there until 5 or 10 minutes before it is due. Also if there are other moms waiting it is a great time to get to know them.

Answer by Bmat at 3:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I go pick my kids up from school most the time but sometimes I tell them they need to ride the bus if im not feeling well, being pregnant & all. So if I do wait have to wait for them I bring my 9 month old DD who keeps me busy. lol
    QueenOfNagsHead

Answer by QueenOfNagsHead at 3:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i don't have school aged kiddos who ride busses yet, but if you're ever in a silly mood, sing or talk w/ just yourself LOL :)
    ok but seriously, have you taken a crossword or something? a book to read? that way, you have something to do w/o just standing?
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 3:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I pick up my mail on the way so I can shuffle through it while I wait. That is if there isn't any moms there that I want to chat with.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Pretend to talk on the phone or smoke a cigg if u smoke.. read a book or walk around till you see the bus!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• DD is dropped off on the other side of the street for our house. But I have to go sign her off the bus. So I sit outside with DS or by myself if he's asleep and read a book or talk on the phone while I wait.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i take the bus to drop off/pick up dd everyday. and then to go to school. while waiting for the bus, i text, talk on the phone, smoke (if im by myself) or play with dd if shes with me. i dont worry about what others think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2009