Would you stand by your husband...

...if he went to jail for voyerisim(sp?) or would you leave him to deal with everything alone?

Then...if you knew someone that stayed in this situation would you be willing to babysit so she could visit him in jail?

Please don't bash each others choices.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• i would stay if it was a first time deal and i would babysit if a friend was in that situation
    everyone fudges up sometimes and its the friends choice to see her hubby and see him and hopefully work it out or leave, i try to be supportive of my friends
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• NO I wouldnt stand by him
    NO I wouldn't babysit for her either
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I think it depends on the situation. Was it a woman of legal age or a child he was peeping on? Did it go any further? For a jail sentence I think IMHO it would have to be something more then just peeping?

Would I stand by my husband? My husband would never do that, so I can't answer that one.

Would I babysit....again depends on the situation and how close you are to this woman?
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 3:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Depends. My ex went to jail on rape charges, and though I was already going to divorce him, that clinched it. He was a liar, abusive, a cheater, and I just knew that he had done what he was accused of. So, I left him to figure out his mess.

My fiance, though is a different story. I would stand by him b/c he has never been the type to do that. He's always been respectful, a gentleman, trustworthy, honest, etc. I would have no doubt in my mind that he didn't do it. So I would stand by him.

As for babysitting so she can visit him in jail...well, she's made the choice to stay with him. That's her choice, not yours. And while you may not agree with her choice, you have to figure she's going to find someone to watch the kid so she can go. Would you rather it be you, or for her to be so desperate that she leaves the kid with someone that maybe isn't so reliable?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Went to jail for what? Can someone explain. I'd answer but i have no clue what that is.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I know that I wouldn't stay with him. But I would refuse to babysit simply because I don't babysit. LOL I think it's perfectly okay that you decide to not support her in supporting him (by not watching the child while she visits him) - that's your call. She shouldn't be asking you to babysit knowing that you disapprove of her decision - it's the same as asking you to compromise on how you feel. Sometimes you can support someone whom you disagree with and other times you cannot - you know the circumstances and you know if you can be a party to supporting him. JMHO
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• OP here. To answer mrsvixen's question it was a mix. He was caught in a neighborhood near his house. It is the next one over from mine and I know those that live closest are like mamakirs's response. This was the first time he got caught. He plead guilty but because the wife was so supportive he only got 1 year.

I like what tropicalmama said about the babysitting thing. The lady has 4 kids and was pregnant with the last one when he was caught so I think she was in the thought's of what you feel about your fiance.

Thanks for the comments.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• OP here again!

MommyLee08: it's basically watching others without permission while they are intimate or changing clothes.

To Anon 1:36 PM: I want her to feel she is loved in whatever decision she makes, because ulimatly she is the only one that can make it. If by visiting him she sees who he really is, then I would support her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• op here the to anon 1:36 was really for PaceMyself!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes I would hang in there. We don't throw people away bc they have a problem.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009