I need suggestions on what toys to put in our playroom

My son is almost 2 and I’m pregnant with our second child. Right now entertaining my son is no problem because it is still warm outside and I can get around pretty easily, but soon it will start getting cold (Michigan winters) and I will have a newborn and my neighbor’s infant to watch so trips to the park and outside play will not be options. I’m wondering what kind of toys other mom’s suggest to keep your kids active. I’m thinking along the lines of larger toys but any suggestions are helpful. He has an inflatable slide/ballpit and ignores it. Please include links if possible.

Oh, we are finishing our basement to make a dedicated playroom incase that helps anyone.

chrissmom734

Asked by chrissmom734 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Those Little Tykes playhouses are always a good idea, along with a play kitchen...my son has one in his daycare class and even plays with it. Also, those cardboard blocks might be fun and relatively safe for all ages. Push toys would also be good.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Oh, also could you have a "craft area" for the playroom? Crafts can keep kids entertained for a while!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• A swing and Little Tykes also has a sand & water table and slide. Craft area is great idea. A bean bag toss. Short Climbing wall, small trampline, a mat to jumb and roll on. durable stearo, both of mine love dancing. Bubbles. Get creative, have fun.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Oh a play tent.
    DevilInPigtails

• Thanks for the suggestions. . . I was thinking a swing and a slide and maybe a bouncer and I'm trying very hard to find these items on clearance or in garage sales. Any other suggestions?
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009