baby only kicks on one side

I'm 28 weeks and can only feel her kick on my right side. I get small fluttering on the other every once in awhile but for the most part its hardest on the right side. Is this normal?

AmyOmommy

Asked by AmyOmommy at 3:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the baby will move and you'll feel it on the other side eventually

mine likes the left side, but if you switch positions she/he should too
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:32 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• thats how my DS was.....and its early enough baby still has plenty oftime to turn head down. for now she probably prefers that way to lay. there's more organs on the right side that prob squish her, and she's trying to get them out of the way lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes. It depends on the direction they are facing. Fluttering is usually the hands. Harder thumps are the feet. Babies have personality and may have a preference for where they like to "hang out". There is a lot of room in there still and she may decide to move to another spot.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It could also be that the reason you only feel it as 'flutters' on the other side is that is where your placenta is attached and it is basically buffering the movement so you can't feel it as much. I wouldn't worry.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My daughter only kicked on 1 side, but her butt would stick out the other side. Now my son was doing the tango 24/7, so my belly was in constant motion lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009