Should I send DS to school?

Next weds DH has a meeting in a town about an hour and a half away, so he will have the car. The friend I can usually count on if I need a ride somewhere (like to pick DS up from school if there is an emergency) is not available that day either. Knowing there is no way I could react to an emergency at school, or even him being sick, should I just keep him home that day or let him go and chance it? I am only worried because a flu is going around his preschool already.

auroura

Asked by auroura at 3:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• but if he needs his learning mama.. lol if ther is noway to pick him up than i say dont chance it.. AFTER school.. dont go by "maybe he will be sick"
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 3:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If he's not sick or showing signs of getting sick, I'd go ahead and let him go to school. Even when you do have your car, there could be a chance you wouldn't be able to react. You could get sick yourself, and be so ill you couldn't drive. You could break down while driving there. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If he seems sick when weds gets here, then you might keep him home, but if he seems healthy, I'd send him.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i say if you want to keep him home, do it. most preschools arent going to count an absence against you. just make sure to call them that day, or they may call you to make sure he's ok (the one i worked at did if a kid was normally there everyday). and if you get assistance for daycare, make sure that day wont put you over the limit so you dont lose it.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• if all is fine that day and no sign of any worries to come send him to school. i understand your worries but thats part of being a mom. it will all be fine
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It's preschool, he's not going to miss anything. Do what you want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Of course you should send him! How many times have you picked him up from school? I have never picked my kids up early and the oldest is in 9th grade. If there was an emergency you could take a cab.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2009