Games and Activities for a 10 month old??

I'm a sahm, first time mommy, and I just have no clue what activities I can do with her outside of walking and playing on the floor. She's too young to color I think, she gets bored with me singing nursery rhymes. I havent tried to see if she'd like to watch to tv because I think she's too young for that.

I just need some ideas from moms who have been through this stage. She'll be 11 months in a couple weeks (if that helps for any reason).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is eleve months old and has been watching children's videos (Dr. Suess, Berenstine Bears, Seasme Street, etc.) since he was about 7-8 months old. Just about when he was sitting up on his own and playing on his own. He personally loves the ones with the music, as he loves to dance. Anyhow, you can also try puzzles or building blocks. Now is the perfect time to start teaching the ABC's and 123's, I think. I've been singing the ABC's to my son since he was born, because I think it's important to instill that into them early. By counting the blocks as they build with them also helps instill in them the idea of numbers. There are also stacking toys, like the stacking rings, that will help expand her mind as well. There are a lot of new learning toys out there and a lot of new games that I'm sure she'd love to try.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• OP here.....there are a lot of toys I want to buy. But, money is an issue, at least until I can find a job. But blocks i think I can get for about $10, which isn't bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Try the liberary. In the last two states the local liberary had great programs for all age levels, for free. They usually involve singing, reading and maybe a craft and play time. Both of my girls love it. Go to the park and let her get dirty or just swing. Put her in the sink/bath tub and let her play, melt holes in measuring cups. It doens't have to be a full bath. Find or start a play group, local parks and rec might have some ideas. The city hear does a free play group. If you are near a bigger mall there are usually play areas, great for cheap winter play. Homemade play dough. I would start with crayons, the big ones, or let her rip paper. Blocks or the ring stacker thing, a shape sorter all cheap and great toys. Get some measuring cups and spoons and some uncooked rice or sand. Finger paint, craolya has a washable kind. Ball, so many games. Touch and feel books, can borrow them from the liberary. Enjoy.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:24 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• OP here.........Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2009