"Cap & Trade" Bill (HR-2454) is no longer a threat! (REPOST)

"The cap-and-trade climate bill passed by the US House of Representatives in June has no chance of approval in the US Senate, a top energy industry official said on Tuesday."

http://www.icis.com/Articles/2009/09/15/9247685/us-senate-will-not-approve-house-cap-and-trade-bill-api.html

So, the "GOP-8" and the Democrats who followed their leader Pelosi and caved in to her and Waxman's demands and promises to force passage of this bill, did so with no "reward" and will hurt their chances at re-election as a result?!

And this little "gem" likely didn't help the Dems attempts at passage:

"Climate Change: A Treasury Department analysis says a cap-and-trade law could cost American families more than $1,700 a year. No wonder administrators tried to keep the study secret."

What do those of you who emphatically supported this bill say now?

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=337991812954735

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 3:48 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I woulld say its dead. Many other countries are falling out of favor with it. People are finally seeing it for the scam it is.

And Srivero why do you not trust big energy/oil? You trusted big energy when they were telling you we have global warming. You trust many sources that are funded by the very people who would make fortunes if cap and tax passes?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Thanks to those who informed me that there was no answer box....I just got home from work, and didn't know!

So for those who EAGERLY wanted to respond to my post from this AM, here's your chance! LOL :o)

Hmmmmm....maybe the White House was tracking my question, and somehow "locked it"! I hear they're not too keen on the truth being told!!! ROFL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I'm sorry I'm so ignorant about this....aren't they just going to write another bill that is called something different and has the same stuff in it? Or maybe put this in some other bill that is totally unrelated? Seems I hear about that all the time.

$1,700 a year! Holy Buckets.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 3:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If they do 07 I think it will be stopped too. People are paying REALLY close attention to what this house, senate, and WH are doing and trying to pass. I don't think they are going slip anything passed unnoticed, slip is passed to get their way...yes....but not unnoticed! LOL. By the way, being against this isnt racist either. Can I just point out that this is yet ANOTHER high end bill that is going to end up costing US and maybe.....crazy I know...but MAYBE all this COST is whats pissing people off! TOO MUCH COST AND THERE IS NO MONEY! Not in our govt and not in our pockets!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I tried to reply to this earlier, but I couldn't :)

Anyway...I don't trust your source Keet. Its linked to big energy/oil, and there has been alot of talk recently about Cap and trade so I'm not convinced its dead. Back burner maybe, dead? not yet.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 4:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I hope and pray this bill is dead!! The company my SO works for is a coal powered plant. They had a meeting a few wks ago and told the employees that if this law passes, they would immediately shut down the plant and ship the equipment to china. That would put 1500+ ppl out of work. They said that many other company's across the country would be doing the same thing. This is not the time to be passing bills that will put even more people out of a job!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Keep dreaming, eventually it will be passed..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• 1,700 a year! Holy Buckets.

You know, thats only the money that will be brought in to the government. It doesn't touch the extra costs we will pay for electric, gasoline, natural gas and the rise in the cost of just about anything we use or buy because of the loss in revenue to businesses who have to pay these higher costs.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I don't think this bill was the answer, but living in a state where gas and oil are big business, they need to be reined in. They are starting to, but they fight it all the way, and lie their asses off.

And as for the energy industry exec.....he/she is going to do their damndest to make this go away. I saw how much this would cost, and while it sucks, I think that we will have to pay at some point in order to end our dependance on petroleum and gas products. How long do we pass the buck, literally and figuratively?
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 6:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I wanted to add, I think we, as Americans, are really spoiled. We have so much in the way of resources, and have generally not had to pay an arm and a leg for them. That is not the case in a lot of countries in the world. MPO is that we have had it cheap for soooo long that the costs that we have been able to avoid are catching up to us, as we, and the rest of the world, realize that the chief source of energy is in the hands of all the f'n crazies, who use it as a huh-yuge stick.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 6:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2009