What is something you wish you would have known about pregnancy-after baby is born?

What is something you wish you would have known about your pregnancy-after birth?
Mine is no one told me about the first BM after the baby was born!! Wow was that freaky I started crying and screaming thinking my baby was going to die!! Thank goodness I know for this time

woobie102

Asked by woobie102 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That my breasts would swell up to 5 times their size so I couldn't even put my arms down by my sides, and they hurt like heck! Breastfeeding for me was no fun at all.

I also wish I had been told that baby girls have vaginal discharge for awhile after birth. I thought something was terribly wrong with my firstborn daughter! With my second two daughters I expected it.

I wish someone had told me to ignore old-wives tales - most of them are useless. I learned to follow pediatrician's orders and go with my gut, or motherly, instinct.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• What is BM?
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 4:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• BM?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I was thinking she meant bowel movement but I dont know where the baby is going to die comes into place.
    Anonymous

• Yes the first poop my baby made no one told me that it would be black and sticky! So I thought something was wrong with her and so I thought she was going to die....
    woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I was freaking out
    woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Hmm, the only thing I can think of is that I wasn't prepared for was throwing up every day for the entire pregnancy.

Everything else I read about and was prepared for.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Ok... that makes sense. I was freaked out for my first BM cause I knew it was going to hurt... I got cut from my to my butt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• how much the recovery would hurt. i felt like i had extra parts i was so swollen........boy did i love those ice packs haha...
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 17, 2009